AfriCoz Contest 2
Do you know your Black Superheroes? Well, now you have no excuse not to. Welcome to AfriCoz: the first costume and cosplay contest celebrating characters of African descent in comic books, sci-fi, fantasy and film!
AfriCoz Rules for Participation
All interested participants must read the Rules for Participation and meet the criteria before being authorized to participate and / or be eligible to enter AfriCoz:
- We ask all costume portrayals to be comic book, sci-fi, fantasy and / or original costumed characters of African descent.
- The contest is open to anyone with paid admission into ECBACC.
- Minimum age requirement: thirteen (13) years old; Participants ages thirteen (13) – fifteen (15) require parent’s or guardian’s consent.
- Costumes must be self-contained; connections to electrical sockets will not be available.
- AfriCoz is a family-friendly costume contest. Please keep costume ideas fun and appropriate (See below for acceptable costumes and clothing).
- $200 IN CASH
- 2 PASSES TO A FUTURE ECBACC
- $100 IN CASH
- 1 PASS TO A FUTURE ECBACC
- SPECIAL ECBACC CONVENTION GIFTS
- 1 PASS TO A FUTURE ECBACC
REGISTRATION AND CHECK-IN
- Registration must be completed by 12:30p.m. on Saturday, May 18, 2013
- Check-in at 1:00p.m. on Saturday, May 18, 2013
- Contest begins at 1:15p.m.
JUDGING AND AWARDS
- Judging will be based on overall appearance of costumes, character-likeness and creativity.
- All participants will be announced and have the opportunity to exhibit their costumes on the showroom floor / stage.
- Participants will then be allowed to mingle in the marketplace until final judging is completed by 4:30p.m.
- All participants will receive an official ECBACC AfriCoz Certificate of Participation.
ACCEPTABLE COSTUMES & CLOTHING STYLES
“Acceptable Costumes” refer to the types of clothing / costumes that will be allowed to be worn by a participant in the contest. ECBACC is a family-friendly event and we will not accept participants exhibiting:
- Full and / or overt nudity
- Excessive gore
- Inappropriate, ignobling or lewd portrayals
IMPORTANT LEGAL INFORMATION:
- The ECBACC Board of Directors and / or assigned AfriCoz Facilitators reserve the right to decline costumers from participating in the contest up to and including the day of the event.
- The Judges shall have the sole authority and discretion to select the winners.
- By entering and registering with AfriCoz, ECBACC reserves the right to take staged and candid photographs of any and all AfriCoz participants during ECBACC.
- ECBACC, Inc. reserves the right to use these images in magazines, newspapers, flyers and website or in electronically transmitted advertisement associated with ECBACC, Inc. promotions.
- Each participant shall indemnify, defend, and hold ECBACC, Inc. harmless from any third party claims arising from or related to participation in the contest.
- In no event shall ECBACC, Inc. be liable to a participant’s act or omission arising out of or related to the contest.
APPLICATION and RELEASE FORMS: (Download Here)
Bring completed application and signed releases on day of convention or mail these completed forms to: ECBACC AfriCoz / 1735 Market Street, Suite A513 / Philadelphia, PA 19103