AfriCoz Contest 5
BlackSci-Fi.com is honored to announce its sponsorship of the 5th Annual AfriCoz. Black Sci-Fi.com is the premier site for the latest updates on Sci-Fi, Sci-Fact and Fantasy entertainment, news, people, places, and events and the measure of their impact on the African-American community. We seek to inform and inspire the imagination of individuals who aspire to live beyond the boundaries of everyday life. We look forward to seeing how far your creativity will go regardless of if you are perfecting the look of an established character or creating your own. Come out on May 21 and show off your look!
AfriCoz Rules for Participation 2016
All interested participants must read the Rules for Participation and meet the criteria before being authorized to participate and / or be eligible to enter AfriCoz:
- We ask all costume portrayals to be comic book, sci-fi, fantasy and / or original costumed characters of African descent.
- The contest is open to anyone with paid admission into ECBACC.
- Minimum age requirement: thirteen (13) years old; Participants ages thirteen (13) – fifteen (15) require parent’s or guardian’s consent.
- Costumes must be self-contained; connections to electrical sockets will not be available.
- AfriCoz is a family-friendly costume contest. Please keep costume ideas fun and appropriate (See below for acceptable costumes and clothing).
- $200 IN CASH
- 2 PASSES TO A FUTURE ECBACC
- $100 IN CASH
- 1 PASS TO A FUTURE ECBACC
- SPECIAL ECBACC CONVENTION GIFTS
- 1 PASS TO A FUTURE ECBACC
REGISTRATION AND CHECK-IN
- Registration must be completed by 1:00p.m. on Saturday, May 21, 2016
- Check-in at 1:00p.m. on Saturday, May 21, 2016
- Contest begins at 1:15p.m.
JUDGING AND AWARDS
- Judging will be based on overall appearance of costumes, character-likeness and creativity.
- All participants will be announced and have the opportunity to exhibit their costumes on the showroom floor / stage.
- Participants will then be allowed to mingle in the marketplace until final judging is completed by 3:45p.m.
- All participants will receive an official ECBACC AfriCoz Certificate of Participation.
ACCEPTABLE COSTUMES & CLOTHING STYLES
“Acceptable Costumes” refer to the types of clothing / costumes that will be allowed to be worn by a participant in the contest. ECBACC is a family-friendly event and we will not accept participants exhibiting:
- Full and / or overt nudity
- Excessive gore
- Inappropriate, ignobling or lewd portrayals
IMPORTANT LEGAL INFORMATION:
The ECBACC Board of Directors and / or assigned AfriCoz Facilitators reserve the right to decline costumers from participating in the contest up to and including the day of the event.
- The Judges shall have the sole authority and discretion to select the winners.
- By entering and registering with AfriCoz, ECBACC reserves the right to take staged and candid photographs of any and all AfriCoz participants during ECBACC.
- ECBACC, Inc. reserves the right to use these images in magazines, newspapers, flyers and website or in electronically transmitted advertisement associated with ECBACC, Inc. promotions.
- Each participant shall indemnify, defend, and hold ECBACC, Inc. harmless from any third party claims arising from or related to participation in the contest.
- In no event shall ECBACC, Inc. be liable to a participant’s act or omission arising out of or related to the contest.
APPLICATION and RELEASE FORMS:
Bring completed application and signed releases on day of convention.